Markit + BakeSale offers a limited number of ‘mini-stalls’ available to emerging designers only. The emerging designers initiative aims to discover new talented designers who are just starting out and offer them the opportunity to present their products to Markit + BakeSale’s loyal shoppers.
• Designers who have previously been a stallholder at Markit + BakeSale will not be considered for an emerging stall. You should instead apply for a regular stall.
• Your product should not have been readily available in a retail environment for longer than 2 years.
• You will need a valid Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance ($10 million).
• If you do not have your own PLI you can purchase Markit + BakeSale Day Cover in your application.
Stall fees include
• Trestle and white cloth (to be shared with one other emerging designer)
• A listing on our website in the Designer Directory for a period of 6 months
• A link direct to your website from your listing in the Designer Directory
• Promotion via subscriber e-newsletter, social media and advertising campaign (selected designers only)
• Opportunity to be involved in our giveaway promotions featuring individual designer’s products promoted through our website, e-newsletters and social media. (by invitation only)
• 2 emerging designers will share 1 trestle table. Having a trestle is compulsory for mini-stalls.
• Markit + BakeSale organisers will select and pair together 2 complementary emerging designers at their discretion.
• A trestle table (1.8 metres long) and a white tablecloth are provided at no extra cost.
• Each designer will have a table-top display area of 900mm x 750mm.
(Mini-stalls are not recommended for clothing labels as clothing racks will not fit within the stall boundary.)
• Displays should not encroach upon or block the view of another designers stall.
• Power is not available to these stalls.
$200 (+ $50 for PLI cover if required) + 10% gst
If you have your own PLI, please email a certificate of currency with your application and you will not be invoiced for insurance. If you do not have your own PLI you can purchase cover through Markit + BakeSale at a cost of $50 + gst for the day.
• Total cost including gst with your own PLI cover – $220
• Total cost including gst with Markit PLI cover – $275
Submitting your application
All applications must be submitted online.
All applicants will be notified via email regarding the outcome of their application.
If your application as an emerging designer is not successful due to the limited number of stalls, applicants who meet our selection criteria may be considered for a regular stall.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org