| Apply for a stall at Markit
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the information below regarding stall sizes, fees and public liability insurance before submitting your application. Applications must be submitted using our online booking form. Access the booking form by clicking on the APPLY NOW button at the bottom of this page.
Closing dates + payment terms
Applications will close on Monday 20 February 2017. All applicants will be notified regarding the outcome of their application on Monday 6 March 2017. Successful applicants will also be invoiced on this date with a payment term of 7 days.
EMERGING DESIGNERS 'MINI-STALL': $200 + gst (1m frontage x approx 1.5m deep)
Mini stalls are only available to emerging designers who have not previously held a stall at Markit@FedSquare. Emerging designers are allocated one trestle table to be shared with one other emerging designer (total display area per person is 900mm x 750mm). Having a trestle is a requirement unless the designer you are sharing the stall with does not require it.
Note: Free-standing backing walls are not permitted in mini-stalls.
ISLAND STALL: $400 + gst (2m frontage x approx 1.5m deep)
1 trestle supplied
Note: Free-standing displays/backing walls are not permitted in island stalls for safety reasons. Power is not available to island stalls.
SINGLE STALL: $500 + gst (2m x 2m)
1 trestle supplied
CORNER STALL: $800 + gst (2.55m wide x 2m deep, total corner frontage 4.55m)
2 trestles supplied in an L-shaped configuration
Note: Restricted display height may apply in some stall locations – please specify in the 'Notes' section of the application form if you will be bringing a large backing wall/display.
DOUBLE STALL: $1000 + gst (4m frontage x 2m deep)
2 trestles supplied
TRIPLE ISLAND STALL: $1200 + gst
3 trestles supplied in a triangular configuration
A limited number of stalls are positioned along venue walls. Please specify in the 'Notes' section of the application form if you would prefer to be in front of a wall or if you would like to bring your own backing wall/display. Please note, we are not always able to accommodate all requests/preferences but will do our best.
TAPES AND ADHESIVES MUST NOT BE USED ON VENUE WALLS.
Included in stall fee
• Each stallholder will be listed in our Designer Directory on the Markit website with a direct link to your website for a period of 6 months.
• Trestle tables (1800mm x 750mm) with white floor-length table cloths are included in the stall fee. Having a trestle is not a requirement. Please indicate on your application form if you do not require a trestle. If your product range would be better displayed on a stand (eg. clothing rack) you can bring these along on the day.
Stall fees DO NOT include:
• Power – If you require power, additional fees apply and you must have all electrical items and cords tested and tagged by a qualified electrician. You must book and pay for power before the market – it cannot be allocated on the day.
• Chairs – Please bring your own chair if required.
• Promotion of individual stallholders – Markit organisers try to include as many designers as possible in the promotional campaign but cannot guarantee the inclusion of every individual (this includes our social media campaign).
Public Liability Insurance
• $10 million Public Liability Insurance is compulsory for all stall holders. If you have your own cover, you must provide a Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance, minimum $10 million for conducting of business outside of normal premises.
• If you do not currently possess public liability insurance, you are required to purchase Day Cover provided by Markit at an additional cost of $50.00 per stall being for the day of Markit only.
Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 21 days prior to the event.
Submitting your application
Applications are to be completed on-line. If you require assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection criteria and application tips »
Frequently asked questions »
Emerging designers application details »
Apply for a stall
Start your application for a stall at Markit »